Why You Don’t Need A Business Plan: Interview with James Burgess, Part 1. – PPP: 018
Today’s show is specific to those people who felt that in order to start their business they had to start a business plan. Well our guest, James Burgess, Virtual CEO of Focus31, will tell you that writing a business plan is not as hard as it has to be and to stop what you’re doing now so you can implement his plan.
As soon as I saw James walk through his “Chaos Theory,” I knew he totally changed my world when it came to financially planning out my business and in this episode he will help you do the same.
What I Asked James:
- Describe why a typical business plan is essentially a waste of time and a waste of money.
- Is there a difference between a business plan for a company/brand and a business plan for a business owner?
- What’s the difference between a vision statement and a mission statement?
- How does someone make their objectives actual realities?
- Is there value in tracking everything you do?
[tweet_box design=”default”]”As soon as you label yourself, anything other than a business owner, you will cease to do what you want to do.” – James Burgess[/tweet_box]
What You’ll Learn From This Podcast:
- James’ thoughts on why businesses fail within the first few years.
- Why people become small business owners.
- What you need to do as a business owner to be successful.
- Why you shouldn’t hire someone to write your business plan for you.
[tweet_box design=”default”]”I’m a business owner first and foremost.” – James Burgess[/tweet_box]
How to Connect with James:
His Book: www.choasthepoweroffocus.com
[tweet_box design=”default”]”The very reasons we want to have our own businesses, can be the exact reasons entrepreneurs fail.” – James Burgess[/tweet_box]
Other Episodes You May Enjoy:
How to Grow Your Business 6-Fold
Periscope, Pricing, and Why You Need 3 Coaches